Your source for metal stirred seactor needs
PDC Machines has long been a trusted manufacturer of metal and glass reactors. We offer a wide selection of agitated reactors and accessories including laboratory, bench top and bench scale reactors to meet the changing needs of laboratories, pilot-plants and small-scale production facilities around the world. Our talented staff of multi-disciplined engineers are highly experienced in the fields of mechanical, and electrical engineering including the latest in information technologies. We team up with each client to design the most cost-effective stirred reactor system that meets every condition. By consistently exceeding our customers expectations PDC Machines has earned a reputation for solving unique and challenging application requirements.
PDC Machines offers the best selection of reactors in the industry
- Reactors constructed from stainless steel or other corrosion resistant alloys.
- Quick-opening covers, bolted, screw-cap, and self-energizing closures.
- Manual and air operated flush ram or ball drain valves, flanged valves or threaded; as well as custom made options.
- Sampling ports, feeds, vent connections and windows are sized as needed.
- Precise temperature control using electric mantle heaters or jacketed vessels.
- Mechanical or magnetically driven mixers with a selection of impellers.
- Sampling tubes, pressure and temperature measurement instruments and sophisticated micro-processor controls with data acquisition packages.
- Other Accessories: Pressure gauges and/or pressure transducers; moving or stationary temperature probes; level sensors; PH meters; sight glass; sparge rings; filtration and clean in place devices; as well as many other modern components.
PDC Machines’ new stand design leads the way into the 21st century
We are proud to introduce the next generation of reactor stands and the latest in a series of industry-changing solutions offered by PDC Machines. This stand makes use of an extruded aluminum structural framework and mechanical components, which allows us to easily and at a very reasonable cost provide our customers with a distinctive combination of the following:
- Reactor body lowers on pneumatic cylinders while the cover, with all it’s instrument and feed connections, remains fixed providing convenient access to the vessel interior.
- After being lowered, the reactor body pivots 180 degrees and/or tilts on it’s center of gravity for pouring or dumping, or to simplify cleaning.
- Reactor bodies of various sizes are easily inter-changeable on the same stand.
- Support stands are made of standard structural extrusions so auxiliary equipment can be attached without drilling, and simplifying future expansion or modification.
Instrumentation and controls
PDC Machines supplies advanced instrumentation and control packages providing precise data acquisition to automatically record and manipulate multiple process parameters such as data logging, alarm monitoring, real-time and historical trending. These features are essential for predictable and repeatable process performance and scale-up. Our control packages are designed to be easily re-configured for flexibility and to adapt to developments in new technology.
We combine the talents of process consultants, instrumentation and controls experts from various sources including Honeywell, Allen Bradley, Rosemont, Fisher, Siemens, Wonderware®, Intellution®, Cimplicity®, Think & Do®, LabVIEW®, and RSView® to name just a few.
State-of-the-art manufacturing capability and quality control
PDC Machines maintains a state-of-the art ASME certified manufacturing facility. Code certified welders perform critical welding operations using MIG, TIG and orbital welding of ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Several high-precision computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines accurately machine reactor components to close tolerances with very fine surface finishes. PDC Machines’ streamlined modern manufacturing facility reduces manufacturing costs which are then passed down to our customers as cost savings. Special requests can be rapidly realized and tight delivery schedules maintained. First class workmanship is assured by strict adherence to our Quality Assurance/Quality Control program at each stage of the manufacturing process. Precise coordinate measuring machines (CMM) verify the accuracy of the machined components.