Pilot plant systems design and engineering services
PDC Machines provides full service, value-added engineering design and construction of modular skid mounted process equipment and systems for an extensive array of processes to the petrochemical, chemical, pharmaceutical, food, refining and energy industries.
PDC Machines has a multi-disciplinary engineering staff with mechanical, electrical and chemical engineering expertise that enables us to develop your concept to it’s greatest potential. We use the latest engineering software packages for automating the pilot plant design process so we can design customized equipment providing the greatest value and fastest deliveries.
PDC Machines’ engineers are thoroughly experienced and utilize the latest innovations in hardware, instrumentation, controls and automation software. We select components and materials from suppliers whose products are recognized in the industry for superior performance, quality and durability.
- PDC Machines’ engineering services includes:
- Providing a cost estimate for the construction of the skid
- Detailed engineering design and systems drawings
Skid construction estimate
PDC Machines will prepare a construction estimate for fabrication of the process skid. It will include pricing for all engineering, fabrication labor, instrumentation, major equipment, materials, and all other fabrication and assembly related costs. This estimate will also include:
- Process and Instrumentation Drawing – A complete and formal P and ID will be provided.
- Instrument List – A detailed instrument listing will be created.
- Equipment List – PDC will specify the appropriate equipment and a detailed equipment listing will be created.
- PDC can provide recommendations regarding site-related concerns such as utilities to the skid, site preparation and the like. However, proper site preparation is the responsibility of the client.
Detailed engineering design and drawings
In addition to the above, PDC Machines will develop and provide:
- Detailed Instrument Data Sheets – Detailed data sheets will be developed for each instrument.
- Detailed Equipment Data Sheets – Detailed data sheets will be developed for each piece of equipment.
- Tie-In listing – A detailed tie-in list, covering both process and utility connections, will be provided.
- General Arrangement for the Skid Fabrication – PDC Machines will develop a 3D model utilizing 3D software. This model will include representations of all major equipment located in the proposed arrangement and will be used as the basis for the actual skid fabrication.
- Assembly Drawings – Cross sectional assembly drawings will be provided for all PDC Machines fabricated components including reactors, tanks, agitators, control panels, and sub systems where applicable.
- Control System Drawings – Electrical schematic drawings and control panel arrangements correlating to the bill of materials will be provided.
- Control Configuration Outline – A document will be provided containing a description of the control system hierarchy, graphical screen descriptions and their specific contents, operator interface functions, alarm requirements, listing of historical/real time trend elements and any other details pertaining to system specific control requirements.