Diaphragm compressors for argon, ethylene, fluorine, helium, hydrogen, oxygen, neon, nitrogen, silane, TFE, xenon and other gases
PDC Machines’ compressors are used in virtually every industry in which high-purity, rare, or hazardous gases are utilized.
Some specific diaphragm compressor uses include:
- Flammable, oxidizing, toxic, and radioactive gases
- Supercritical fluids and solvent extraction systems
- Research and Development
- Filling and off-loading gases from tube trailers*
- Filling gas cylinders and bulk storage tanks
- Gases for semi-conductor, electronics & fiber optics manufacturing
- Gas blending, recycling & mixing of process gases
- Feedstock gases for chemical, petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries
- Hydrogen fuel cell stations
- Conversion of wind and solar power to hydrogen power
- Compression of gases for the production of polysilicon and other solar panel coatings and substrates
- Compression of gases for crystalline and thin film PV modules
- Power plant turbine cooling
- Pressure boosting and storage of gases from on-site gas generation systems
- Metal Processing
- Hydrogenation of edible oils
- Flat glass production
- Pumping gases such as Argon, Butane, Carbon Dioxide, Carbon Monoxide, Tetrafluoroethylene, Ethane, Octane, Methane, Ethylene, Fluorine, Helium, Hydrogen, Hydrogen bromide hydrogen chloride, Krypton, Neon, Nitric oxide Nitrogen, Nitrogen trifluoride, Oxygen, Silane, Xenon and many more.
Cylinder filling and transfilling
*If you are not currently using a diaphragm compressor, chances are you are sending tube trailers back with non-refundable levels of unused gas. Or perhaps you are filling cylinders partially while waiting for the next trailer. In either case, you are losing time, money, or both.
But if you were using a PDC Machines diaphragm compressor, you’d be able to draw your gas sources from high pressures down to a minimum return level and enjoy two benefits. You’d avoid being charged for any unused gas, and at the same time you’d be completely filling your cylinders and lowering your fill cycle time. Also, having a PDC Machines diaphragm compressor at your site gives you the ability to top up your ground storage during off peak times and allows you to cascade fill your cylinders during peak fill times. This lowers your fill cycle time and saves you time and money.
If you are moving gases from tube trailers or gas generators, or compressing flash off from liquid storage, PDC Machines’ diaphragm compressors are the ideal choice. Built to last and designed for reliability, our transfilling and cylinder filling diaphragm compressors are in use worldwide supporting the transfilling and cylinder filling operations of major gas producers, distributors and supply houses.
Our diaphragm compressors are the best choice for high purity cylinder filling. The triple diaphragm design guarantees that the process gas will not be contaminated nor will it be vented to the atmosphere due to blow-by entering the crankcase. This means that high purity gas will remain high purity.
If you’re transfilling any type of gas such as monosilane, nitrogen trifluoride, silicon tetrafluoride, oxygen, fluorine, hydrogen, argon, helium, neon, deuterium, nitrogen, ethylene, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, methane, our diaphragm compressor will allow you to do it safely, cleanly and reliably.
Whether you are transfilling from tube trailers, cylinder filling for resale or bottle filling for lab use, a PDC Machines diaphragm compressor is the right tool for the job.
At the request of our customers, PDC Machines can package our compressors and customers equipment and instrumentation inside a container.
The container specifications are:
- Standard ISO sea container of varying sizes with double doors at end (8 foot side).
- Removal of the normal combustible wood floor and insertion and welding of a steel floor, painted.
- Custom painted per customer requirements.
- Louvers to allow for free flow of air during normal operation conditions.
- Roof Turbine to evacuate any trapped gases in the ceiling area.
- Interior maintenance light for night time service.
- Gas detection tied to an estop circuit to stop compressor in the event there is a high concentration of gases in the container. This detector would be connected with a beacon on the top of the container to warn operators of a hazardous condition, as well as a horn to sound.
- Extra external estop button.
- Heater for locations in cold climates.
Diaphragm compressors for a wide spectrum of gases
Highly reactive gases service: For compression of oxygen, fluorine and other highly reactive gases, PDC Machines performs rigorous cleaning procedures in a clean, dust-free environment. We use fire-resistant oil for the hydraulic system. We construct the process side diaphragm as well as the inner and outer check valve components from Monel® and Inconel®.
• Air • Oxygen • Hydrogen Sulfide
• Argon • Propane • Methane
• Carbon Monoxide • Sulfur Dioxide • Natural Gas
• Deuterium • Tritium • Nitrogen Gas
• Ethylene • Xenon • Nitrogen Tri-Fluoride
• Freon • Ammonia • Phosphine
• Hydrogen • Carbon Dioxide • Silane
• Krypton • Chlorine • Sulfur Hexafluoride
• Monomer Vapors • Ethane • TFE
• Neon • Fluorine • Other Gases
• Sour Gas • Helium Gas • Specialty Gas Mixtures
• Nitrous Oxide
Additional information for the following gases:
Purity of inlet gas
Diaphragm compressors, by design, cannot tolerate any free liquids in the gas stream. It is critical for the source of gas to be clean and dry, i.e it does not contain water mist, droplets, oil mist, water vapor, or any other gases that could condense during any phase of compressor operation through final discharge. To help maintain gas purity we install single or dual 10 micron inlet filter systems.
Diaphragm compressors serve an important role in the evolution of alternative fuel, renewable energy and fuel cell applications
PDC Machines has long been a proponent of hydrogen as an energy carrier. Over the years we have partnered with the largest gas producers, technology and research companies to create practical and commercial worldwide acceptance of this concept. The success of these partnerships is well documented as PDC Machines’ hydrogen compressors are the preferred choice in more than 110 high profile hydrogen stations currently in use for vehicles, buses and material handling.
“The solar industry will advance through a rapid transition in the development and research of materials, devices and processes. PDC Machines, Inc compressors enable further advancements in our production efficiencies and enable us to decrease fabrication costs beyond that of traditional compressors, ultimately building a more competitive solar industry.”
– AE Polysilicon Corporation.
PDC Machines continues to pursue the goal of cost effective solutions to deliver high pressure hydrogen. We are proud to be taking a leading role as a component supplier, promoting the growth of commercial hydrogen refueling stations. PDC Machines is actively refining and improving our technology and manufacturing methods used for 350 and 700 bar gas compression to enable commercialized solutions to take hold in the emerging marketplace.
For Further information about Fuel Cells and Applications visit our Fuel Cell Technology web page.