Gas, high pressure non-lubricated and oil-free reciprocating compressors
PDC Machines designs basic to fully instrumented oil free reciprocating compression systems in accordance with customer specifications. Compressors range in size from 3 hp(2 kW) to 250 hp(186 kW). Discharge pressures range from 50 psi to as high as 60,000 psi (4,100 bar).
Triple diaphragm compressor benefits
High product purity
- Contamination-free compression – Triple diaphragm construction and elastomeric seals isolate process gas from hydraulic oil. The quality of gas entering and exiting the compressor are the same.
- Filters and oil removal systems are not necessary – Hydraulic oil cannot migrate into the process gas.
Corrosion resistant materials
All process-wetted components are constructed from corrosion-resistant materials such as stainless steel to prevent any contamination to the process gas. The use of carbon steel in the process system results in corrosion, contamination and ultimately leads to premature failure of diaphragms, increases cost of spare parts, maintenance frequency and causes more down-time.
High reliability and uptime
- Superior diaphragm life – All aspects of diaphragm compressor design are intended to enhance component life, improve operability and reduce and simplify maintenance. Diaphragm cavity contours, which control stress in the diaphragms, are carefully controlled to provide uniform stress distribution. These cavity contours are computer engineered utilizing Finite Element Analysis techniques, which results in our state-of the-art design. Special manufacturing processing is used on the diaphragm surfaces to enhance fatigue life.
- Extended diaphragm life – Many of our customers have experienced continuous running times of 10,000 to 40,000 hours between routine maintenance minimizing the need for spare parts replacement.
- Low maintenance – Typically, only routine oil changes are necessary.
- Unique oil distribution system – The hydraulic system is designed in such a way as to assure uniform diaphragm deflection, prevent knocks, vibration, cavitation and yield smooth, quiet compressor operation. Unique, oil distribution techniques are employed to eliminate pressure differentials and gradients. The system utilizes an automatic priming pump, positive displacement high-pressure injection pump and oil relief valve with bypass valve for easy, smooth starting and rapid restart.
- Safe – For compression of highly reactive gases, PDC Machines uses non-flammable hydraulic fluid and wetted materials of construction are compatible to the reactive gas.
- Environmentally safe – Our crank-cases do not need to be purged or vented. Therefore, there is no leakage of gas into the atmosphere.
- Fast acting leak detection system – To detect and indicate diaphragm and seal failure.
- Safety interlocks – Features include alarms and shutdowns for low suction, high discharge, low oil, low coolant, diaphragm and or o-ring failure. The compressor will be completely instrumented for safe and automatic operation.
- Soft, high-strength for check valves – Reduce leakage, improve efficiency, extend equipment life, and reduce noise levels.
- Below 85 dBA @ 1 meter – Extremely low noise level eliminate the need for sound proofing enclosure.
High efficiency, lower energy use and lower capital costs
- Duplex and two-stage diaphragm compressors are horizontally opposed designs for optimal power consumption, yielding economical kilogram per kilowatt (kg/kW) product output ratios.
- Duplex and two-stage designs are available to accommodate a wide range of pressures and flows in one or two stages instead of multiple stages.
- Duplex and two-stage designs handle high inlet pressures without the need for regulators, saving energy and optimizing costs.
- Duplex units provide twice the flow and 1/3 the horse-power consumption.
- High compression ratio per stage when compared to reciprocating compressors lowers spare parts utilization and cost.
- Internal cooling removes heat of compression and improves efficiency.
Automatic unloading system
The compressor is automatically re-primed at start-up. Manual start-up requires an experienced compressor technician to be present all the time to re-prime the compressor. Incorrect priming will cavitate the compressor and damage the heads, bolts, diaphragms, o-rings, process and hydraulic system.